Tomorrow’s innovators practice imaginative thinking and teamwork. Guided by adult Coaches, FIRST LEGO League teams research a real-world problem such as food safety, recycling, energy, etc., and are challenged to develop a solution. They also must design, build, program a robot using LEGO MINDSTORMS® technology, then compete on a table-top playing field.
It all adds up to tons of fun while they learn to apply science, technology, engineering, and math concepts (STEM), plus a big dose of imagination, to solve a problem. Along their discovery journey, they develop critical thinking and team-building skills, basic STEM applications, and even presentation skills, as they must present their solutions with a dash of creativity to judges. They also practice the Program’s signature Core Values.
Proven, verifiable impact!
The positive impact FIRST LEGO League has on participants is gratifying and well documented. Over 88% are more interested in doing well in school, and 87% have more interest in attending college.
FIRST LEGO League teams get to:
– Research challenges facing today’s scientists
– Design, build, test and program robots using LEGO® MINDSTORMS® technology
– Apply real-world math and science concepts
– Learn critical thinking, team-building, and presentation skills
– Participate in tournaments and celebrations
– Understand and practice Gracious Professionalism®
Challenge set will only be available from the beginning of September!
Please note: Student details that are not provided during registration may receive hand written certificates due to the automated process.